See you at the top
Are you heading to the top?
The world lost a great friend and leader on November 28. The person we lost incase you don’t know to whom I am refereeing to is Zig Ziglar. There are great obituaries of Zig out on the web and in various papers across the country but here are a few high lights:
- Grew up in Yazoo City, Mississippi
- Served his country in WW II
- Work as a salesman for a number of companies becoming a top performer with each
- Started his second career as a motivational speaker in his 40s
- Wrote over 25 books
- Spoke along side world leaders including several U.S.Presidents and former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
Now, I never had the chance to meet Zig nor have I read all of his books but from the ones that I have read and the audio presentations that I have experienced, Zig seems to have had a special way about him. He was speaking about service selling and both organizational and personal excellence before they became buzzwords.
Zig was a man of faith who could weave his beliefs into his speeches and books without the audiences feeling like you were less if you didn’t share his faith. The focal point of Zig’s messages concerning business, selling and life in general was that if you help others get what they want and then you will end up getting what you want. This is a bit of an extension of “The Golden Rule” which is to treat others how you would want to be treated. If you help others as you would like to be helped whether in business or in life, often through direct or indirect means you will be helped with whatever it is that you need or want.
As we are building business plans and personal goals for the next week, month and year take a minute to review some of these quotes from Zig and see which ones strike a chord with you and your goals.
- “Don’t become a wandering generality. Be a meaningful specific.”
- “Every choice you make has an end result.”
- ‘If you don’t see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner.”
- ‘If you learn from defeat, you haven’t really lost.”
- ‘People don’t buy for logical reasons. They buy for emotional reasons.”
- ‘People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.”
- ‘You don’t pay the price for success. You pay the price for failure.”
With a little help from Zig and the others around you who provide influence and motivation, I have no doubt that we’ll be seeing you at the top.
By the way if you have a favorite Zig quote or story that is not on the list, go ahead and comment to the blog and share it with the growing Get2it community.
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
Free Email Newsletter
Follow Me on Twitter
- RT @LouAnnWClark: That feeling in the air (podcast 243) https://t.co/RuywLDS6AB https://t.co/0qtVvzOTdd
2 days ago
- Give me a break! Why you need to build in more breaks in your day. - https://t.co/FjncsIHKhR
4 days ago
- When you have a new person join your team, you are going to teach them a new language. - https://t.co/FYxExv8VvG
11 days ago